Monday, August 13, 2012

Philosophy



Art is an altered state of mind where unconventional ideas are embraced. It's both a personal expression and a challenge to the senses. My  art is the visual representation of my soul or identity. It reveals my personality and it can give clues on hidden emotions that I feel toward myself that I am trying to ignore. In addition, it can be my visual representation of my feelings and opinions about the society where I belong too, and in most cases it does.



I want my art to open peoples eyes to something new that they may not have experienced before. I want my design and artistry to be an avenue of escape from reality. I want people to question, and gaze upon all the hard work that goes into designing a garment. I want people to feel good, and confident in my designs, and allow themselves to feel the empathy of handwork that goes into what they wear.


No comments:

Post a Comment